Unfortunately, the best month of year a.k.a. National Barbecue Month has come to an end. Although we have the barbecue filled summer ahead, National Barbecue Month gave us a great kick-off to firing up our smokers and grills with mouthwatering brisket, sausage and ribs.
Here are the top reasons why we’ll miss National Barbecue Month:
- The end of barbecue deals. They were great while they lasted and hopefully you took full advantage of them.
- The number barbecue pictures posted will dwindle. Of course, there will always be mouth-watering barbecue photos roaming the web (courtesy of us), but not nearly as many as you’d like. It’s a shame.
- Austin Monthly’s Ultimate Barbecue Showdown. Because who doesn’t love a barbecue showdown, especially in the Barbecue Capital of the South?
- No more free giveaways. Many companies love to give out free goodies and coupons in dedication to this month-long holiday, and hopefully you were out there with your arms or mouths open.
- Fewer reasons to bust out the new Rib Rub. It’ll just be lonesome sitting there on the shelf, with the remnants of your spicy fingerprints from the Memorial Day cookout.
- Memorial Day cookouts. A day to celebrate those who have fought and fallen for our freedom. Honor their memory and cook out with the entire family.
- The plethora of brisket recipes. Yes, they will still be there, but it just isn’t as celebratory when it’s not National Barbecue Month.
- There won’t be any more wet-naps in the house. You will now be directed back to the coarse, dry napkins to wipe your upper lip.
- Next party isn’t until July 4th. This is plain unacceptable. Luckily, you can stop by your local Dickey’s Barbecue Pit and celebrate with barbecue all year long.
- The barbecue binge is over. You diehard fans who somehow ate a plate of barbecue every day can now lower your barbecue intake to twice a week. Your dedication has been appreciated!
We should all take a moment of silence to reflect on the fulfilling month we just experienced. Now, it’s time to grab a Big Yellow Cup filled with Root Beer and get into the real groove of summer.