The holidays are officially over. Your family is headed home, your pants fit a little snugger and your refrigerator is packed full of leftovers. You tried your best to send as many “to-go” containers as possible with all of your guests, but you’ve still got several pounds of Dickey’s Smoked Turkey. You need a recipe that is easy and doesn’t require much cooking. We’ve got you covered and can get you back to binge watching you favorite shows in a flash.
In “Mr. Dickey’s Barbecue Cookbook” he has a great recipe that turns those leftovers into a mouthwatering meal. Mr. Dickey calls it the “Hot Brown Sandwich.” So here’s how you do it:
- Place a few slices of toasted bread or buns in an oven-proof dish
- Add a layer of that smoked turkey
- Add a few slices of Swiss or cheddar cheese
- Broil in oven until the cheese melts
- Remove from oven
- Drizzle on a little cheese sauce
- Add a few pickles
- Eat and enjoy
The holidays are a time for family, friends and leftovers so enjoy every moment and recipe.