10 Reasons Why You’ll Miss National Barbecue Month
01 Jun 2015
Unfortunately, the best month of year a.k.a. National Barbecue Month has come to an end. Although we have the barbecue filled summer ahead, National Barbecue Month gave us a great kick-off to firing up our smokers and grills with mouthwatering brisket, sausage and ribs.
Here are the top reasons why we’ll miss National Barbecue Month:
- The end of barbecue deals. They were great while they lasted and hopefully you took full advantage of them.
- The number barbecue pictures posted will dwindle. Of course, there will always be mouth-watering barbecue photos roaming the web (courtesy of us), but not nearly as many as you’d like. It’s a shame.
- Austin Monthly’s Ultimate Barbecue Showdown. Because who doesn’t love a barbecue showdown, especially in the Barbecue Capital of the South?
- No more free giveaways. Many companies love to give out free goodies and coupons in dedication to this month-long holiday, and hopefully you were out there with your arms or mouths open.
- Fewer reasons to bust out the new Rib Rub. It’ll just be lonesome sitting there on the shelf, with the remnants of your spicy fingerprints from the Memorial Day cookout.
- Memorial Day cookouts. A day to celebrate those who have fought and fallen for our freedom. Honor their memory and cook out with the entire family.
- The plethora of brisket recipes. Yes, they will still be there, but it just isn’t as celebratory when it’s not National Barbecue Month.
- There won’t be any more wet-naps in the house. You will now be directed back to the coarse, dry napkins to wipe your upper lip.
- Next party isn’t until July 4th. This is plain unacceptable. Luckily, you can stop by your local Dickey’s Barbecue Pit and celebrate with barbecue all year long.
- The barbecue binge is over. You diehard fans who somehow ate a plate of barbecue every day can now lower your barbecue intake to twice a week. Your dedication has been appreciated!
We should all take a moment of silence to reflect on the fulfilling month we just experienced. Now, it’s time to grab a Big Yellow Cup filled with Root Beer and get into the real groove of summer.