10 Ways to Celebrate National Barbecue Month
26 May 2016
It’s heating up across the states and nothing says summer like barbecue, making it a perfect time to gather with family and friends and celebrate National Barbecue Month this May. Whether it’s a cookout or pool party, barbecue is a favorite during the warm weather months.
As the nation’s largest barbecue chain, Dickey’s Barbecue Pit wants to give you 10 ways you can celebrate our favorite month.
1) Host a cookout. There’s nothing better than gathering your family and friends in the backyard, at a park or pool around the pit. Get your meats ready and have your guests bring the sides. It’s time to party!
2) Join a barbecue cook-off. What’s a little friendly competition? Put on your barbecue master hat and host a cook off with family and friends to see who has the better skills.
3) Create your own sauce. Get those creative juices flowing and pair your favorite spices and ingredients to create the perfect sauce.
4) Try something new. Who says you have to stick with burgers and hot dogs? Learn about the different accessories you can pair with your grill or smoker and learn how to make pizza, breakfast or a dessert.
5) Camp out with your crew. There’s nothing like a great campfire to get things cookin’. Grab a crew and have s’more fun in the great outdoors.
6) Learn a new technique. There’s a lot of ways to perfect your barbecue skills. Whether it’s learning to brine, basting or mopping, take some time and learn about different ways you can make your barbecue go ‘BOOM!”
7) Give your grill or smoker some TLC. Your significant other isn’t the only thing that needs special treatment. With the weather changes, this is always a good time to roll up your sleeves, dust off the dirt and oil the grate.
8) Eat. Eat More. Eat again. It’s not National Barbecue Month if you aren’t eating barbecue. This is the time to feel guilt-free as you indulge on ribs, brisket, sausage, burgers and more.
You can also bring Dickey’s home with our signature sausage found at your local Walmart, or visit any Dickey’s location for our rib rub and sauce.
9) Buy a grill or smoker. According to the Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association, 75 percent of U.S. adults own a grill or smoker. Of these owners, 45 percent plan to purchase a new one in the next year.
10) Participate in a contest. Who wouldn’t want free barbecue for a year? Find Dickey’s on Facebook or Twitter and participate in our ‘National Barbecue Month’ contest each week for special prizes.
Now that you’re prepped and ready to go, it’s time to make it happen. Smoke the city with flavor and enjoy all the barbecue you like, it’s National Barbecue Month!