DICKEY’S CELEBRATES THE SWEET, SMOKY & EVERYTHING IN-BETWEEN
10 Jul 2022
The taste that you’re going for all depends on a few things, such as what you’re using to smoke it and the rubs and sauces you put on your meat. No matter what your preference, here is our guide to fit your flavor profile down to perfection – just in time for the summer grilling season to impress even the most seasoned BBQ aficionado:
• Mesquite – Has a strong earthy tone to it which most would say tends to sway towards the smokier bold side of the spectrum. To keep that flavor it’s best to pair it with Dickey’s Beef Brisket Rub.
• Hickory – This is more on the sweeter side and fills your nose with an unmistakable bold aroma. You can pair this with Dickey’s Caribbean Chipotle Barbecue Rub to add a subtle kick to pair evenly with the sweetness.
• Oak – A great option if you are a newbie to smoking. It lends to a mild flavor, that is seldom overpowering. Great for beef ribs, brisket, and sausages – pairs well with Dickey’s Rib Rub.
• Cherry – As you can imagine, the flavor can be on the slightly fruity but mild side. But the flavor makes for a truly amazing result. Works well with chicken, turkey, ham – fantastic with Dickey’s signature poultry rub.
• Pecan – Tends to have a rich and nutty flavor. Specifically, great when mixed with other hardwood like hickory to balance out the flavor. Works well with briskets, roasts, and ribs, pairing very nicely with Dickey’s Spicy Herb Blend.
Don’t forget to check out Barbecue At Home to purchase premium quality meats, ingredients, and much more shipped right to your door! Orders over $149.99 qualify for free shipping!
To learn more about Dickey’s, follow Dickey’s Barbecue Pit on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Download the Dickey’s Barbecue Pit app from the Apple App Store or Google Play.