How to Celebrate National Picnic Month with Dickey’s Barbecue
Published: 23 Jul 2014
July is National Picnic Month and at Dickey’s we kind of think of ourselves as the picnic experts. To prove it, we even have a Picnic Pack available all year long which feeds between two to four and includes a pound of meat, two medium sides, rolls and our amazing barbecue sauce.
Barbecue is the perfect meal for a picnic, but we know many of you may not know how to picnic like an expert – so here’s how:
- Pick the perfect picnic spot – Location is key to a perfect picnic. We recommend a place with good scenery like a nearby park, rooftop or if you’re lucky a beach. Shade is pretty dang nice too.
- Dress for the occasion – This isn’t a cocktail party so cut loose with comfortable and loose attire. Also, don’t forget to wear insect repellant and sunblock!
- Pack the necessary picnic items – You’ll need a picnic blanket, paper or plastic plates, utensils and trash bags. You might want to pack some wine if you’re getting romantic. You can nearly fit a whole bottle in a Dickey’s Big Yellow Cup.
- Find your closest Dickey’s Barbecue Pit – This step is easy, you can find your closest location, order your Picnic Pack online and skip the line! Just click
- Now for the best step – Get outside, grab your Picnic Pack and celebrate National Picnic Month before it’s over!